- The library is open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. except on days when there is early dismissal.
- Students coming to the library during class time must have a signed hall pass and must sign the visitor’s log at the circulation counter.
- Students coming to the library during nutrition and lunch do not need a hall pass.
- Respect others by working quietly and keeping your work area neat and clean.
- Re-shelf reference books and magazines when you are done with them; leave all other books at the end of the table or on the book cart.
- Push your chair under the table when you are ready to leave.
- Do not bring food, drinks, candy or gum into the library.
Checking Out Books
- Students must present their Porter Student ID when checking out books.
- Books may be checked out for two weeks and can be renewed once.
- Students may have a maximum of three library books out at any given time.
- Reference books and magazines are for library use only, they may not be checked out.
- Students may not check out books if they have an overdue book.
- Students may not check books out of the library for another student.
- Return books on or before the date due.
- Place the returned book(s) on the circulation counter near the computer or give it to the person working at the counter.
Fines and Lost Books
- A fine of $.10 per day is charged for each book not returned on the date due.
- Fines are not charged for excused absences, school holidays or weekends.
- Students are required to pay for all lost or damaged books checked out under their name.
- Students who have a lost or overdue book may not check additional books out of the library until the book is returned or paid for.
- Eighth grade students who have outstanding library debts (fines/lost books) will not be able to participate in class activities, including the culmination ceremony.